At Litchard Tool Hire, safeguarding your privacy is of paramount importance to us. This policy, along with any other documents referenced herein, outlines how we collect and process personal data provided by you or collected from you while using our services.
Please take a moment to read this policy thoroughly to understand our principles and practices concerning your personal information. We are committed to keeping your data secure and transparent about its use.
1. Data Controller
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Litchard Tool Hire, located at Penybont Industrial Estate, Coity Rd, Bridgend, CF31 1NW, is the data controller responsible for your personal data.
2. Scope of Policy
This policy exclusively pertains to our website and services. If you navigate to external websites through links or other means, you will be governed by their respective privacy policies. We do not have control over such policies, and we encourage you to review them before proceeding.
3. Information Collection
We may collect and process the following types of data:
- Information provided by you through forms on our website, such as during registration, subscription requests, or when reporting issues.
- Records of correspondence if you contact us.
- Optional participation in research surveys (your responses are voluntary).
- Data related to your visits on our website, including traffic data, location information, weblogs, operating systems, browser usage, and communication data. This data helps in billing, service improvement, and statistical analysis. It does not contain personal identification information.
4. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect statistical information, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to provide aggregate data to our advertisers. This information does not personally identify you.
Cookies may be used to enhance your browsing experience. These cookies store data on your hard drive to improve site functionality and personalize your visit, such as:
- Estimating audience size and usage patterns.
- Storing your preferences for a customized experience.
- Speeding up searches.
- Recognizing you when you return to our site.
5. Data Storage
Data collected may be transferred to destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may be processed by staff working for us or our suppliers. By providing your personal data, you consent to this data transfer and processing. We take every reasonable precaution to ensure your data’s security and compliance with this policy.
Please note that transmitting data over the internet is not entirely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission. After receiving your data, we implement strict security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
6. Information Usage
We use information about you in the following ways:
- Presenting content effectively on our site.
- Providing requested information, products, or services.
- Fulfilling obligations arising from agreements between you and us.
- Enabling participation in interactive features.
- Notifying you about service changes.
7. Disclosure of Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following scenarios:
- If we buy or sell any business or assets, your data may be disclosed to potential buyers or sellers.
- If required to comply with legal obligations, protect our customers, or reduce fraud and credit risks, we may disclose your data to other entities and organizations.
8. Your Rights
You have the right to decline the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you, before collecting your data, if we plan to use it for marketing or share it with third parties for such purposes. You can object to this processing by marking relevant boxes on data collection forms or by contacting us at email@example.com.
9. External Links
Our site may contain links to third-party websites. These sites have their own privacy policies, and we are not liable for their practices. Please review their policies before providing personal data.
10. Access to Information
The Act allows you to access information held about you. To exercise this right, please follow the procedures in the Act. An access request may be subject to a £10 fee to cover administrative costs.